Goat cheese is fantastic; The flavor is unique, creamy, rich-it is one of the most savory of the cheeses I have come upon…so I turned it up a notch:
Here it is simple:
I grilled the goat cheese, then I battered it twice: flour, egg yolk, panko bread crumbs and tossed that sucker right into the deep frier. (If you don’t have access to a commercial deep-friar, a pan works.) It was amazing- you gotta’ give it a try!
A dish is only as good as its condiments (sometimes.) Here are some great dips to relish:
Here are the sauces:
Rouille (egg yolk, mustard, vegetable oil, mustard, salt, pepper, mustard)
- Beat egg yolks with mustard
- slowly pour oil into the mix, more oil=thicker sauce. Dont use olive oil.
- Whisk constantly when adding the oil, we don’t want anything separating.
- Add salt, pepper, safron, mix and chill for a few hours before serving.
Salsa Rosa (diced yellow, green, red peppers, diced chili peppers, diced red onions, diced tomatos, salt, paprika powder, parsley, basil, cilantro, oil, vinegar, lemon juice, vegetabl or chicken stock.
- Dice all vegetables: 6 tomatos, 1 of each color paprika, 1 red onion and as many peppers as your taste allows.
- Mix all vegetables with liquid ingredients. a squeeze of lemon, a splash of oil and vinegar to taste.
- Mix in chopped, ground, fresh or dried basil, cilantro, parsley
- Taste and adjust until desired seasoning level has been achieved. *Salsa gets better after a few hours of chilling as all the ingredients marinate in the juices
Remoulade(Mayo, pickles white onions, lemon juice)
- Dice Vegetables
- Mix ingredients together and chill
Cucumber Cream Salad(cucumber, sour cream, balsamic bianco vinegar, salt, sugar)
- Julian cucumber into thin strips
- Mix a pinch of sugar and a pinch of salt into the balsamico and mix with the sour cream.
- Combine ingredients and chill.
Here’s a great dish for you’re fried goat cheese: A heart of romaine salad tossed in a lemon vinegar-oil dressing adorned with a wedge of grilled goat cheese polished by a mix of pine nuts, sunflower seeds, garden cress and slivers of red cabbage.